RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Adaptive Price Zone in S&C magazine

  • To: <equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Adaptive Price Zone in S&C magazine
  • From: "Mark Andrew Hartshorne" <Mark.Hartshorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 06:17:17 +0300

Seems to be publicly available here:

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/TradersTips/TradersTips
..html

Lee Leibfarth's article, "Trading With An Adaptive Price Zone,"
introduces a new indicator and suggests a trading system for it. The
formula for the indicator and the instructions on adding it to MetaStock
follow.

To enter these indicators into MetaStock:
1. In the Tools menu, select Indicator Builder.
2. Click New to open the Indicator Editor for a new indicator.
3. Type the name of the formula
4. Click in the larger window and type in the formula.
5. Click Ok to close the Indicator Editor.
Name: Instantaneous Trendline
Formula:
x:=Input("time periods", 2, 200, 20);
y:=Input("band percentage",0.1, 50, 1.4);
dsema:=Mov(Mov(C,x,E),x,E);
shift:=Mov(Mov(H-L,x,E),x,E);
dsema+(y*shift);
dsema-(y*shift);
This indicator will prompt for the time periods and the percentage shift
of the bands. The
suggested trading system and instructions for creating it in MetaStock
are:

1. Select Tools > the Enhanced System Tester
2. Click "New"
3. Enter the name, "Adaptive Price Zone Strategy"
4. Select the Buy Order tab and enter the following formula:
x:=20;
y:= 1.4;
dsema:=Mov(Mov(C,x,E),x,E);
shift:=Mov(Mov(H-L,x,E),x,E);
top:=dsema+(y*shift);
bot:=dsema-(y*shift);
ADX(14) < 30 AND L<bot
Select the "Sell" order tab and enter the following formula:
x:=20;
y:= 1.4;
dsema:=Mov(Mov(C,x,E),x,E);
shift:=Mov(Mov(H-L,x,E),x,E);
top:=dsema+(y*shift);
bot:=dsema-(y*shift);
ADX(14) >= 30 OR H>top
Select the "Sell short" order tab and enter the following formula:
x:=20;
y:= 1.4;
dsema:=Mov(Mov(C,x,E),x,E);
shift:=Mov(Mov(H-L,x,E),x,E);
top:=dsema+(y*shift);
bot:=dsema-(y*shift);
ADX(14) < 30 AND H>top
Select the "Buy to cover" order tab and enter this formula:
x:=20;
y:= 1.4;
dsema:=Mov(Mov(C,x,E),x,E);
shift:=Mov(Mov(H-L,x,E),x,E);
top:=dsema+(y*shift);
bot:=dsema-(y*shift);
ADX(14) >= 30 OR L<bot

Click OK to close the system editor.

Mark Hartshorne

DCS Manager

C/o Gulf Air Information Technology Dept.

PO Box 138

Kingdom of Bahrain

'+973 17338245

7 +973 17332782