[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How to read Metastock Data files in C/C++ DLL without opening Metastock Charts

Hi Amit,

I am not sure you have get the solution of your query ?

 Trading-tools has devloped Library file for Metastock data. You can
call the function to read and write the metastock data from VB,
C/C++, Delphi....

 http://www.trading-tools.com/metalib.htm

With Regards,

Rakesh

-- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Athena Research"
<athena.investments@xxx> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> My requirement is:
>
> I have data stored in HDD as C:\Metastock Data\Data On Demand Cache
folder in F1.dat, F2.dat....

> How can I read todays or any Day's H,L,C values in C++ DLL in order
to calculate moving average or other indicators directly from These
dat files without opening charts on Metastock. The DLL application
will take input parameter as Symbol from User and then it will
calculate moving average, RSI, Stoch etc reading H,L,C values for
specified days from these .Dat files.

> Is there a way to read these files in DLL or to invoke or include
any application from this DLL which will convert the values into
excel or csv format in run time and after calculating values of
indicators close the application without saving these files on HDD.

> Any suggestions?? Any DLL programmers using this feature in
Metastock?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM