Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] SQL client interface for MetaStock data format in MsCmdLineUtils

Hi Lionel,

    It would basically have SQL command interface to standard,
MS database by which I mean (MASTER,FXXX.DAT and XMASTER,FXXX.MWD)
files.

    It should be able to execute standard SQL 'SELECT' command on the
database. It should be able to execute, similarly
TABLE 'CREATE', 'DROP', 'PURGE', etc., commands.

    Let me know if this makes sense, once we have this interface to
MS we should be able to use standard SQL clients to access MS
database in the long run, should be able use SQL GUI clients to
access MS Database hence no need to create a GUI for the same.

   Regarding how the data is accessed it would access data similar to
how my current tools access MS data, here the only difference would
be how it is interfaced, you can look at this tool as providing a
database engine implementation to one of the well know data base
servers. I'm currently looking at providing support for SQLite
database.

-Regards,
Mansoor

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lionel Issen" <lissen@xxx>