Re[2]: [EquisMetaStock Group] How to read Metastock Data files in C/C++ DLL without

bellamy_29m,
            Thanks for reply.
Maybe  you're  right  about  risks  (for Equis) of everybody knows the
database structure of Metastock.
Best regards,
             Pablo

When I said "Great but it's not FREE" I tried to say:
"Great but it's not FOR FREE".
ALWAYS I do mistakes writing in english!!!! Aahhh!!!!!

b> No Pablo, it isn't free.  You have to pay for the work that someone
b> has done to create this product.  What a shock?!

b> There are also two versions, a read version and a write version.  In
b> the read version, you can only read the data in the data files.  With
b> the write version you can write the data back into the original file,
b> or into another data file.

b> This is the reason the product costs, and the reason that Equis are
b> reluctant to just give out the product.  The risk that some 'hacker'
b> will corrupt their entire data library with the MDK is massive. One
b> small slip and you can destroy the entire data structure on which MS
b> runs.  It is not for the faint-hearted or amateurs, hence Equis keeps
b> a tight reign on their product.  The write version is a lot harder to
b> buy than the read version.

b> Can you imagine the calls to the help-desk?

b> If you want to read your data files into another application, just get
b> your data in the right format in the first place. Any good data vendor
b> will provide your data in a multitude of formats.  Just get the ones
b> you want.  But if you are getting data free off the net...

b> --

>>Great but it's NOT free :|

b> Yahoo! Groups Links

Pablo Bozzolo