[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How to read Metastock Data files in C/C++ DLL without opening Metastock Char

So what you want to do is write another application that does all the
same things as MetaStock currently performs?  Why?  Talk about
"re-inventing wheels."  If you have the MDK to be able to write the
MSX Win32 DLL files, then have a look in the back half of the Users
Manual which is all about the MSFL.  Therein lies your answer.

There are many ways to convert data from the MS format to ASCII, CSV,
txt etc.  Some of them are free and some aren't.  Have a look at
Mansoor's MS Conversion Tools.  If you have a decent data provider,
why not just get them to give you the data you want in the formats you
want it.  It seems the easiest way to do it.  Unless of course you are
poaching free, uncorrected and untrustworthy data off the net from
unreliable sources, then it's up to you.

The programmers who write DLL for MS, in general, do replicate the
functions already available in the core application.  The reason these
programs are called "add-ons" is because they "add on" functionality
not already in the parent program.

<mumbles quietly to himself>I would have the thought the CEO of a
solutions company would have known this already? Especially one that
is supposed to be providing training in the product?</mumble>

--

> How can I read todays or any Day's H,L,C values in C++ DLL in order
to calculate moving average or other indicators directly from These
dat files without opening charts on Metastock. The DLL application
will take input parameter as Symbol from User and then it will
calculate moving average, RSI, Stoch etc reading H,L,C values for
specified days from these .Dat files.

> Is there a way to read these files in DLL or to invoke or include
any application from this DLL which will convert the values into excel
or csv format in run time and after calculating values of indicators
close the application without saving these files on HDD.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/ulNZQC/lOaOAA/cosFAA/BefplB/TM