[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Function with parameters

You can't...

Not unless your indicator is an external function. All function
arguments are the variables declared within the function itself.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Paolo <italoarg76@xxx> wrote:

> b> Whenever you change the values in myVariables it changes every for
> b> every function that uses these variables.
>
> bellamy_29m,
>             Thank you very much BUT how can I change the values
> (constants) in your indicator calles "myVariables" ?
> I'm interesting in arguments as VARIABLEs and not as CONSTANTs.
> Any other idea ? :)
> Best regards,
>               Pablo
>

> b> Not unless your indicator is an external function.  All function
> b> arguments are the variables declared within the function itself.
>
> b> You can however use another function to store "global variables" and
> b> use the fmlvar() function to retrieve them.
>
> b> {Indicator: myVariables}
> b> ShortMALength:=10;
> b> LongMALength:=100;
> b> myShoeSize:=8.5;
>
> b> {Indicator: myMACD}
> b> ShMA:=FmlVar("myVariables","ShortMALength");
> b> LnMA:=FmlVar("myVariables","LongMALength");
> b> ShMA-LnMA;
>
> b> {Indicator: AnotherIndicator}
> b>
FmlVar("myVariables","ShortMALength")-FmlVar("myVariables","myShoeSize");

http://us.click.yahoo.com/ulNZQC/lOaOAA/cosFAA/BefplB/TM