[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Moving Averages - Why the Favoritism?

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mmbbrr79" <markyboy5@xxx> wrote:

> I'm wondering why certain periods are more widely used in moving
> averages than others - the 9 day, the 21 day, the 50 day, the 120 day,
> etc.  What makes these time periods more indicative than others?
> Thanks!
> - M

Then there are those that lean towards the Fib Sequence numbers:
1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, etc

I know people that exclusively use multiples of three:
3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24 etc

One thing that stands out though, there are numbers that are common to
different number 'sets.'  These are the ones we see most often, like 21.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM