[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Moving Averages - Why the Favoritism?

It's purely related to personal preference.

I often use 21 periods, as this covers an average month's trading
period (252 yearly trading periods / 12 months).

  1 week:   5 periods
 1 month:  21 periods
3 months:  63 periods
6 months: 126 periods
  1 year: 252 periods (assuming 8 market holidays per year)

200 periods is often popular with some fund managers.  A 200-period
SMA is considered cutting edge technology by these wizards.  ;)

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mmbbrr79" <markyboy5@xxx>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM