[EquisMetaStock Group] POSITIVE divergences betewen Price and Volume - Finder

José:
      Thanks for your suggestions to improve my divergence finder.
I like how you write your programs (easy to read).
In your version you introduce the threshold concept. It's great.
To see something I just need to add at the end:

{ Plot signals in own window }
If(bull=1,bull,If(bear=1,-bear,0));

You use Mov(V,periods,S)/Mov(V,100,S) as a FILTER instead of strenght
meassure of the divergence. For me is a new concept (!)

On the other hand, you look for POSITIVE divergences but I THINK the
fact of the volume go up when the price go down it's NOT a divergence.
Prices can go down very fast when there is increase of volume.
Am I wrong ? (I'm afraid to be confused)

Thank U!
         Pablo

JS> Pablo, here's some possibly useful additions to your Volume/Price
JS> divergence indicator:

JS> =========================
JS> Divergence - Volume/Price
JS> =========================
JS> ---8<----------------------------------

JS> { VP-DIV:
JS>   Attempt at finding divergences between Volume
JS>    and Price - Pablo Bozzolo - May 2006 }

JS> { User inputs }
JS> thr:=Input("Divergence strength threshold %",0,100,1.5);
JS> pds:=Input("Divergence periods",1,260,5);

JS> VolEma:=Mov(V,pds,E);
JS> PrcEma:=Mov(C,pds,E);

JS> { Divergences }
Bull:=If(V>>VolEma
JS>   AND V>Ref(V,-pds)
JS>   AND C<PrcEma
JS>   AND C<Ref(C,-pds),
JS>   Mov(V,pds,S)/Mov(V,100,S),0)
JS>  >thr;
JS> Bear:=If(V<VolEma
JS>   AND V<Ref(V,-pds)
JS>   AND C>PrcEma
JS>   AND C>Ref(C,-pds),
JS>   Mov(V,pds,S)/Mov(V,100,S),0)
JS>  >thr;

JS> { Plot signals in own window }
JS> Bull-Bear

JS> ---8<----------------------------------

JS> jose '-)
JS> http://www.metastocktools.com

JS> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Paolo <italoarg76@xxx>
JS> wrote:
>>
>> Friends:
>>         Andrew 've shown that my price oscilator was invented
>> by DiNapoli (italian ?) :)
>> Here there is a indicator to see how strong is a negative
>> divergence between volume and price.
>> I hope It has no copyright!!!!!!
>>
>> { VP-DIV: Finder of negative divergences between volume and
>> price }
>> Periods:=5; {5 or 6 are the best values tested}
>> If(V<Mov(V,Periods,E) AND V<Ref(V,-Periods)
>> AND C>Mov(C,Periods,E) AND C>Ref(C,-Periods),-Mov(V,Periods,S)
>> /Mov(V,100,S),0);
>> {Pablo Bozzolo - May 2006}
>>
>> Where  Mov(V,Periods,S)/Mov(V,100,S),0)  try  to  be  a measure
>> of the strenght of divergence.
>>
>> Sometimes when a huge divergence is shown the price don't go
>> down but it enters in a trading zone (neutral).
>>
>> I use this indicator daily.
>> Good luck!
>>           Pablo
>>
>> PD: sorry because when I try to write fast in english I make a
>> lot of mistakes.
>>

>> Pablo Bozzolo
>>
>> ---
>> Contact info: