[EquisMetaStock Group] Programming In A Line Can you Define a line in Computer Language?

First off, thanks for the help others offered in working with weekly
and daily data in the same system tests.  Using weekly exploration
tools resolved my conflict when trying to do this.

This is what I want to do with line.  I'd like to program in a trend
line.  NOT LOCATE IT, but program in what I think the trend line is,
then have an exploration alert me if the stock or ETF gets close to
that line.

Now I admit, I'm a programming dummy.  Have any of you done this? Is
there any way to define a line so that, maybe weeks or months from now
price approaches that line and my system can alert me?  I can create
the alert part.  But working out how to program in the line is beyond me.

Why do I want to do this?  I'd like to around trade trend lines.
Possibly weekly/daily/monthly And I'd like to do it on a fairly large
number of stocks.  And the only way for me to track that many stocks
would be to have the computer to do it for me after I set up trend
lines, or support/resistance lines for the computer to track.

My idea would be to lay down a trend line for stock XYZ then have the
computer alert me via explorations or by posting a buy on a chart if
that line is approached.  Once the computer tells me price is close to
the line, then I could put that stock on a short list I track manually
until I decide to buy or ignore.

So, anyone know how to define a line for the computer to monitor?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM