[EquisMetaStock Group] Problem opening datafile

I have Metastock 8.01, running on Windows 98SE. I ran into a new
problem today, which has me baffled.

I went to open a chart of stock XXX from a directory the normal way---
File->Open, select XXX, then OK. I get the window which asks whether I
want to chart the last number of days, or specific dates. I make a
choice, select OK, and then nothing. Nothing comes on the screen--it
remains white. Yet if I open a chart of another stock in that
directory, and then use either the "Next Security" arrow or the
"choose security" window (lower right corner of the screen), then I
can get a chart of XXX to open just fine.

I thought it might have something to do with Smart Charts. So when I
got xxx charted, I closed it (File->Close). It still does not open.

I never had this problem with XXX (or any other stock) until today.
Does someone have an idea what might be going on, and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Harry