RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: DMX

Hi Preston,

            Many, many thanks for your comments and help. I now have (DMZ)
Dynamic Momentum Index running and it seems to plot very closely but not
exactly with Xb.

            I don't quite understand what you mean by changing the data
array and the variable period. I sense it means altering the Vt: and x:
lines in the DMZ indicator code, but could you show me what you mean by
changing the DMZ Indicator code to perform another function.

For example, after using the Function button in the Indicator Builder (and
again thank you for showing me how that works), there are some 30 Paste
Functions shown against Forum. Now if I wanted to set up the DMZ Indicator
code to perform variable Trix functions, I see what I have to paste in the
last line of the code, but what do I put against vt: and x: ?

I sense that Forum may expand my horizons considerably so I would be really
grateful if you could give me some more help with it.

With regard to Xa and Xb, they have so puzzled, that my head hurts. They
look fantastic when plotted, particularly on Indices, but I just can't seem
to write a code that works for capturing the cross over point. It probably
was not intended that you should overlay one on the other, but I cannot see
why the Cross function should not work. Both indicators are giving similar
numerical values.

The problems I have with the code I have written is that invariably the
cross over points indicated are one or two bars after Xa and Xb have
crossed, but sometimes I am getting a cross indicator firing when no cross
has taken place. That has me absolutely baffled.

The code I am using to reflect a buy is:

Cross(Fml("Dynamic Momentum Xb (DMX)"),Fml("Dynamic Momentum Xa (DMX)"))

And the sell is :

Cross(Fml("Dynamic Momentum Xa (DMX)"),Fml("Dynamic Momentum Xb (DMX)"))

And the point of setting the buy and the sell up as separate indicators is
so I can do some back testing of this approach.

I really feel so very inadequate with all of this but I am trying and I will
keep trying to get on top of it, if for no other reason than I do not want
to fall behind as Metastock continues to develop.

Kevin

There are bold mushroom pickers and there are old mushroom pickers,

but there are no bold old mushroom pickers.