[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: DMX

Kevin,

Don't despair, you can resolve this!

Here's a quick fix...just cut and paste:

{(DMZ)Dynamic Momentum Index}
{similar to the Jurik DMX- a lowlag DMI}
{written by Preston Umrysh}
{This indicator uses Dll software developed by MetaStock Forum Crew}
{http://forum.equis.com)}
Vt:=(Stdev(C,5)/Mov(Stdev(C,5),10,E))*10;
Vt:=Max(vt,.0000001);
Period:= Input("ZeroLag Period",1,250,10);
EMA1:= Mov(C,Period,E);
EMA2:= Mov(EMA1,Period,E);
Difference:= EMA1 - EMA2;
ZeroLagEMA:= EMA1 + Difference;
x:=ZeroLagEMA;

{ExtFml("Forum.RSI",Data Array,Variable Period)}{new}
{ExtFml("ForumDLL.VarRSI",Data Array,Variable Period)}{old}

ExtFml("ForumRSI",x ,vt)
{end}

Now for the explanation.
There may have been as many as 3 versions of the Fourum DLL's that
were posted. Notice the wording of the last 2 bracketed statements
above. Subtle differences in the wording but unless you use the
exact wording within the quoted area you would get an error message
which is what I suspect happened in your case. The "Data Array"
and "Variable Period" can be whatever you assign,in our case x and
vt.

You do have a "function" icon. It becomes visable when you open the
Indicator Builder and is in the lower right hand corner. Your cursor
must be active within the indicator builder window for the function
button to be active. Click on it and you will get a pop up window
called "Paste Functions".

Now that you are in the Paste Function window you will notice a list
of "Function Categories" on the left hand side. These are your
DLL's. You can have any number there including all of the Forum
DLL's. Click on them individually and you should see a new list
appear in the "Paste Function" window on the right. Go ahead and
highlight one of the Forum DLL's in the lefthand or category window.
Now scroll down the list on the right until you come to one that
says RSI. Highlight it. You will see the exact verbage needed in
the "Format" window below the category and funtion windows.

If you doubleclick the function in the righthand window it will
paste the verbage where your cursor was in the indicator window.
Another option is to copy and paste the verbage yourself from
the "Format" window.

This should do the trick. If not then you would need to compare your
DLL verbage to the ones I provided and make the appropriate changes.
Remeber that I stated the DMX message was a sentinel post because it
include the use of DLL's amoung other issues. Now you know what I
was referrring to. Once you have succeeded here you will find
another world of indicators opening up for you.

Another point, the DMXa and DMXb worked because they used the
longhand version of the RSI and only needed to access the moving
average DLL's. The newer version that I posted utilizes the RSI DLL.

Keep us posted on your progress,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Kevin and Heather Howard"
<kjhoward@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Roy,
>
> 	Thank you again for trying to help me. Yes you are correct
Preston's
> code refers to ForumDLL.dll but now I have both ForumDLL.dll and
Forum.dll
> loaded i.e. Forum 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and I still get the message with
respect
> to the (DMZ)Dynamic Momentum Index.
>
> 	Also changing the dll name in the Indicator Builder does not
bring
> about a solution, nor does my Indicator builder have a Function
button that
> I can identify. And the intriguing thing is that Preston's Dynamic
Momentum
> Xa (DMX) and Dynamic Momentum Xb (DMX) codes do run and they refer
> ForumDLL.dll, but the (DMZ)Dynamic Momentum Index, which also
refers to
> ForumDLL.dll, does not.
>
> 	I feel I have fallen into a very deep mineshaft. The
solution would