From: mano.rm
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:39 AM
Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] EMA indicator code

Hi Roy,

Well on the seeding is exactly where my formulae fell apart ;-( Thanks
for sharing your EMA and Wilders code. They both emulate the built in
Metastock indicators almost perfectly. If one wants to be pedantic
your EMA code in fact starts the plot 1 period earlier than the
Metastock one, while your Wilder's code commences one period later.
For all practical intents and purposes they are identical to the
built-in ones and your solution is far more elegant than mine, so I'm
very happy with what I have to play with now.

Thanks

Manfred

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxx> wrote:
> Here are my versions of these indicators. The critical aspect of
getting these formulas to plot correctly in the early bars is
"seeding", i.e. the starting value used.