[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Data Providers

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Alex Spiroglou"
<a.spiroglou@xxx> wrote:

>  Would any member be kind enough to recommend a data provider for US
(and non US) EOD futures data ?

I'm presently using www.primate.com for EOD futures. Its very quick to
d/l data updates even on dial-up internet. Gives you the entire
history (20-odd years) for continuous contracts bundled and data seems
reliable. Its around $25 pm. Support - umm that's another story - the
only time I ever got a response from them was when my credit card
expired and I asked them why I couldnt d/l any more. They sorted it
out pretty fast though. On more ordinary Q's like 'can you provide a
list of' ... my emails have been consistently ignored. No reply to
about 5 of them over the past year.

In the past I used www.findata.com
Now their customer support is 1st class - comprehensive replies within
minutes. The price is also right - varies from about $10-20 pm
depending on market. Only problem I had (at the time - it may have
improved) was that certain commodities didnt appear to have true H & L
data, the C was OK. May all be better now. Was about 18 months ago.

I've also used the Reuters Datalink from Equis around 18 mo ago. I
found the huge symbol list overwhelming to find what I was looking for
(it sure is comprehensive though) and wasn't impressed with some data
quality glitches on the commodities I was looking at the time. This
may have improved. Price was around $25 as I recall. Support query
replies were fair but not amazing - took them about 3 days to reply.

Only other vendor I have support experience of is Pinnacle.
http://www.pinnacledata.com/ I have grilled their techs on more than
one occasion and they responded quickly and comprehensively. Also they
seem willing to customise certain aspects of their service to suit
individual requirements and appear willing to put their money where
their mouth is to satisfy clients - i.e refund if you arent happy
after initially subscribing. I can't talk about their data because I
have never actually subscribed but the positive contact I have had
with them means if my present vendor ever gives me grief I'll be
knocking on their door for my EOD futures data feed.

Cheers

Manfred