[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Searching for expert alerts with the explorer

Unfortunately not possible in MetaStock, without the help from custom
external DLLs.

Anyway, you'd be better off to use smarter alert conditions, such as
"Alert when current price crosses +/- % of the price x periods ago".

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "notharold" <notharold@xxx>
wrote:

> Jose,
>
> What I mean is that for stock xxx I want to know when it goes over
> 27 (that would be one alert), for stock YYY I want to know when it
> goes below 75 (another alert, with different code) .... and so on.
> All the code for the alerts will be different. Perhaps I shouldn't
> be using alerts at all, but the things I want to identify are
> specific to each stock.
>
> Regards
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva"
> <josesilva22@> wrote:
>
> NotHarold, all you need to do is copy & paste your custom expert
> alert code into the filter section of your exploration.
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "notharold" <notharold@>
> wrote:
>
> Jose,
>
> I'm afraid that would only work for 1 of the stocks .
> The reality is that there will be hundreds of these alerts across
> over 2000 stocks.  I guess I am looking for a way of asking "is
> there one of my expert alerts triggered today on any of these
> stocks" across the entire data base.  I just assume that the trigger
> "looks" the same in the code whatever the actual formula
> (candlestick is a doji,Volume is 5*average for the last 5 weeks etc
> ..
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva"
> <josesilva22@> wrote:
>
> Try something like this in your exploration filter:
>
> ---8<-----------------------
> UpperAlert:=120;
> LowerAlert:=75;
>
> Cross(C,UpperAlert) OR Cross(LowerAlert,C)
> ---8<-----------------------
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "notharold" <notharold@>
> wrote:
>
> I am only looking to alert for specific prices, e.g. when stock
> xxx goes above 120 or below 75.  Sometimes these events can take
> months to happen, so I don't want to check each chart every day,
> I'd rather just search the entire data base.
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva"
> <josesilva22@> wrote:
>
> Which conditions do you want to be alerted to?
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "notharold" <notharold@>
> wrote:
>
> I want to set up some alerts which when triggered will be
> identified by the explorer.  How do you filter for these alerts
> with the explorer?

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM