RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Indian markets

<SPAN
class=312230918-12072004>India is the market of opportunities and
opportunistics
<SPAN
class=312230918-12072004>
<SPAN
class=312230918-12072004>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Vignesh Eswar
  [mailto:vignesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 6:38
  PMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Indian markets

  <SPAN
  >Jose, you have no
  idea!
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Did you <SPAN
  class=GramE>know
  <SPAN

    <LI class=MsoNormal
    ><SPAN
    class=GramE><SPAN
    >that<FONT
    face=Arial size=2> one of
    the oldest stock exchanges in the world and THE oldest in
    <SPAN
    >Asia<FONT
    face=Arial size=2> is the
    Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) in <FONT
    face=Arial size=2><SPAN
    >Bombay<FONT
    face=Arial size=2>,
    <SPAN
    >India<FONT
    face=Arial size=2>? It was
    130 years old last week. Naturally one of the worlds oldest listed company
    is Indian, still trading over 10 million shares a
    day!
    <LI class=MsoNormal
    ><SPAN
    class=GramE><SPAN
    >that<FONT
    face=Arial size=2> the BSE
    lists more companies than any other exchange in the WORLD? More than 6300
    and still counting!
    <LI class=MsoNormal
    ><SPAN
    class=GramE><SPAN
    >that<FONT
    face=Arial size=2> with
    the advent of the competing exchange National Stock Exchange (NSE) in 1994,
    we had moved over completely to online computerized trading from floor
    trading, much earlier that <FONT
    face=Arial size=2>New
    York<SPAN
    >, or
    <SPAN
    >London<FONT
    face=Arial size=2><SPAN
    >.
    <LI class=MsoNormal
    ><SPAN
    class=GramE><SPAN
    >that<FONT
    face=Arial size=2> Indian
    traders had developed and used unique hybrid option and forward contracts as
    far back as early 1900s, much before anyone had even dreamt of the
    possibilities?
    <LI class=MsoNormal
    ><FONT
    face=Arial color=navy size=2><SPAN
    >That we had a price discovery
    mechanism called badla (pronounced <SPAN
    class=SpellE>badh-la) that combined spot and forward pricing
    variables. This is still unique in the world. Unfortunately, it has been
    discontinued now because of regulatory diktat.
    <LI class=MsoNormal
    ><FONT
    face=Arial color=navy size=2><SPAN
    >That we are one of the few in
    the world to have introduced individual stock futures and options along with
    index futures and options about 4 years back? Naturally we clock the maximum
    turnover in the world on stock futures.
    <LI class=MsoNormal
    ><FONT
    face=Arial color=navy size=2><SPAN
    >That we have had more stock
    scams per nation till the <FONT
    face=Arial size=2><SPAN
    >US<FONT
    face=Arial size=2> markets
    recently took over this dubious distinction! 8-D Regulation has always been
    our Achilles heel.
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >You only need to see
  venerable 80 year old topi clad <SPAN
  class=SpellE>Gujurati traders reverently stoop to touch the steps on
  the entrance to the BSE to know that speculation is as much a part of our
  blood and culture as curry!!

  <SPAN
  >Regards,<FONT
  color=navy><SPAN