[EquisMetaStock Group] A Query on data feeds

<LABEL id=HbSession
SessionId="2278905998">
Dear All,
    This happens to be my first post
to the group & I applogise for raising very basic operational queries
regarding data feeds. Please don't consider this as a spam or walkover bcos your
help will enlighten not just me but a lot of other users in India.
    Let me first give you an
overview of data feeds we get:
--- In India data is provided by either
Yahoo or from National Stock Exchange Of India (NSE), our stock exchange. Yahoo
data has following drawbacks - limited to just 200 entries, No
derivatives data, Update takes place after a day.. etc. On the otherhand, NSE
data is quiet updated, extensive & even online real quotes are
possible.
    Now regrding
queries:
1) Historical data is available in CSV format. How
do we import it to Metastock using The Downloader for the first time & then
directly to Metastock format everyday in the form of updates?
2) EOD data for all scrips together is downloaded
as a single CSV file.
    (A)How can data for single scrip
be extracted from this file & updated to existing data file of that scrip?

    (B)Is there any process by which
data from CSV be automatically be updated to respective exisitng data
files?
    (C)The single CSV file
contains not just Equity Instruments but also Debt market Instruments like
debentures & bonds. How to filter them?
3) EOD data for derivatives too comes as a single
CSV file. This file contains 3 entries for FUTURES, 1 for each month & whole
lot of OPTIONS entries as various strike prices. How can this file be used to
get Metastock charts?
4) Is there any system, by which onlinedata from
NSE be uploaded directly to Metastock using linking to NSE
website?
    Looking at all the above queries
I think it would be better if anybody could suggest some add-ons, which would
take care of all the issues in one go. Bcos otherwise more time will be wasted
in converting & operations rather than on actually analysing the
scrip.
    Once again request all to please contribute your ideas
to this post. Thanking you in anticipation.

- pushkan.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor