[EquisMetaStock Group] MESA

On 7 Jul 2004 13:23:29 -0000,  "cardiop" <cardiop@xxxxxxxxxx> asked

> I did not understand what  you to say.
> Do You have some experience with use this indicator?
> I am understanding that you do not like this indicator?
> Am I correct?

Cardiop:

Any indicator that is conditioned on timeframe must be inherently
flawed.

If a 20 unit mov avg works well, on daily data, why does it fall apart
if the units are changed to 21?

Or say that you have a system that works wonderfully on the S&P but
loses its shirt in Soybeans. What happens to the system when the price
behavior of the S&P resembles that of Soybeans?

None of these types of systems are robust. By robust, I mean a trading
system designed to remain valid for years, one that is not exactly fit
to any specific market but trades successfully in all markets, in all
conditions over extended timeframes.

Hope this helps

Ray

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM