Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Quotelf data download problems

Ted,  I'd like to thank you for your suggestion to download an
updated copy of the downloader from the Quotelf site. It downloaded
smoothly and I seem to be doing a lot better with my downloads. Still
a little nervous about how long it will last; but short term; life is
a lot better.

Regards,

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ted Khann <tedkhann@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hello,
> You should get an Activation Key for the Hyper Trader  sent to you
on the first occasion in your e-mail after you download. Make sure
your computer is connected to the Internet.  Click Reuters Datalink,
then vendors. When you click Vendors you need to type in your own ID
and password  where shown. Make one up of your own (ID and password).
I think this is only necessary because you need to use the
downloader. You won't be using Reuters Data, you will be getting it
from Yahoo. If you don't get an activation key in your e-mail.
Contact support on their web page. when all this is finished just
click OK. to download data.
> If you can't find the activation key window it will probably pop up
when you click OK to start.
> Ted.
>

> Kurush Mistry <kurush_mistry@xxxx> wrote:
>
> Ted,
>
> I downloaded and launched the Metastock downloader>Tools>Download
Prices....Transferred the files I want updated.  After that I am
lost, since it opens window with Tabs for different vendors like BMI,
Reuters, Dial..my question is where do I set the "Internet" as my
vendor and how do I get my password etc.  Please can you elaborate?

> >From: Ted Khann <tedkhann@xxxx>
> >To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Quotelf data download problems
> >Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:56:34 +0100 (BST)
> >
> >Hello,
> >It may be time to try another downloader.  You should not need to
uninstall the downloader you are using, just close any files down
first.  I Think there is a timer incorporated into some of the
downloaders to stop net congestion it may not be working correctly.
You can download the Yahoo Version of Smart downloder at
http://www.hypertrader.it/sdownloader.shtml and give it a try. Once
downloaded open the Metastock downloader and click Tools, then click
Download Prices. Move the files you want to update over to the right
and click OK. Set the "vendor" to internet you will need to type in a
password which is explained in the help section. I have found it to
be Magic!!
> >Hope it works for you too!
> >Ted
> >rvalue1 <rvalue1@xxxx> wrote:
> >Oce again I am having the same problems that I had a couple of
weeks
> >back with MS 8.01 and EOD data downloads through Quotelf. It keeps
> >saying Operation timed out when it goes tobring back data on each
> >security from Yahoo. Very frustrating as I am now blind on signals
> >for 2 days.
> >I am open to any ideas people may have. I tried Richard's X-aix
> >resetting to factory defaults and making that the new template;
but
> >it does not help.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >

> >Yahoo! Groups Links

> >  ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - sooooo many all-new ways to express
yourself

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM