[Metastockusers] Re: Digest Number 1157

There was a bug in 8.0 (fixed in 8.01) where P&F wouldn't work if the
value was less than $1. Are you creating composites of RT or EOD
data? If RT data, are you creating these as LOCAL Intraday files, as
there have been issues creating the Composites in the Cache folder
(Data on demand).

Trader Joe...

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dusant" <dusant@xxxx> wrote:
> Gram,
> Take my word for it, MS can plot negative values for P&F. :)
>
> For you, I suggest that you create composites of two commodities,
e.g. wheat/corn (where you subtract one from another), or
gold/silver, or nickel/chrome, whatever takes your fancy.

> When you plot the composites in P&F, it will plot negative values.
>
> However, do not discard the custom formulae, as they can back your
analysis up when you want to do a relative strength.

> Dusant
> Chief Architect
> http://www.candlestrength.com/

P&F charts
> > with negative values.
> > I didn't see you chart because I usually get MS posts as a
digest. However,I
> > did go to the site to read your post online, but see that the
chart
> > attachment has not been stored. Perhaps you could send it to me
directly?
> > Thanks,
> > Kind regards,
> > Gram.
> >

> > > Message: 1
> > >    Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:21:33 +0200
> > >    From: <gramario@xxxx>
> > > Subject: Re: Digest Number 1155
> > >
> > > Hi Dusant,
> > > Thanks for your help. A couple of questions, however, if you
have a
> > moment.
> > > First, am not sure how to use this formula below; am I to
create a new
> > > indicator in Indicator builder?
> > > Further, does it create a true composite i.e. OHLC - OHLC, and
then a
> > final
> > > commodity which uses the O-O, Max of all four for the H, Min of
all four
> > for
> > > the low, and C-C?
> > >
> > > Finally, I can't do it myself as I do not have MS9, and the
whole point of
> > > the exercise is to verify that the P&F charting in MS9 works
with negative
> > > values or not prior to buying it.
> > > Thanks,
> > > kind regards,
> > > Gram.

> > > this:

I am also
Could you do
> > > subtracted
> > > feel.

__

__

__

__

__

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/Archive/0898/TradeNew
> > > s9808/TradeNews9808.html
> > >
> > > Trading Research Design
> > > phone 716 86-0179 (US), +32.3.820.72.55 (Europe), +65 9619 8734
(Asia)

> > > My feeling is that they've died, probably in 1999, from stuff
on the
> > > web. Certainly their site no longer exists.
> > >
> > > Pascal

Design, Inc.

__

__

http://www.zdnetindia.com/downloads/catinfo/2066,0,vcpurchaseinfo,asce

http://simplythebest.net/shareware/business/financial/finances_2.html

> > > or
> > >

> > > http://www.ezgoal.com/channels/business/f.asp?f=181605
> > >
> > > or
> > >

> > > http://www.thaibd.com/ThaiBD/downloads/business_finance/m.html
> > >

> > > or
> > >

> > > http://www.itnetix.com/f/business/c.asp?p=22&l=m&i=business-
software

__

__

> > > Message: 4
> > >    Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 21:21:59 +0530
> > >    From: "Dusant" <dusant@xxxx>
> > > Subject: Re: Digest Number 1155
> > >
> > > Gram,
> > > First: the security function works with version 7.x upwards.
> > > Second: Yes, you need to create a new indicator for every index
which you
> > want.
> > > Third: Its going to be complex, creating an open/high/low/close
etc for
> > each index.
> > > Fourth: MS can create P&F charts with negative values. (Chart
attached)
> > > Fifth: I do not think you can create P&F with indicators.
> > > Sixth: The simplest thing in your case would be to create a
composite,
> > where only two securities are involved.
> > > That will plot, and also give you P&F charts.
> > > Dusant
> > > Chief Architect
> > > http://www.candlestrength.com/

__
> > >   > >

__
> > >   > >
> > >   > > Message: 4
> > >   > >    Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:23:11 -0000
> > >   > >    From: "murusprimus" <sace@xxxx>
> > >   > > Subject: re: Amibroker to MetaStock code
> > >   > >
> > >   > >
> > >   > > Sorry Pete, I don't have AB so don't know what might be
wrong.
> > >   > >
> > >   > > Jose might see the posts -  he's an ABer and might work
things out.
> > >   > >
> > >   > > Wallace.
> > >

> > > [This message contained attachments]

__

__

> > > Message: 6
> > >    Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 12:55:21 -0500
> > >    From: "Lionel Issen" <lissen@xxxx>
> > > Subject: RE: Digest Number 1155
> > >
> > > Dusant:
> > >

> > > The P&F chart was not attached.  Can you resend it?
> > >

> > > Lionel
> > >

> > >   _____

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129pd29o7/M=295196.4901138.6071305.300117
6/D=gr

oups/S=1705001779:HM/EXP=1088351531/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http:
/compa
> > > nion.yahoo.com> click here
> > >

> > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=
> > > :HM/A=2128215/rand=629198355>
> > >

> > >   _____
> > >
> > > Yahoo! Groups Links

subject=Unsubscribe>

> > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of Service.
> > >

> > > [This message contained attachments]

__

__

> > > Message: 7
> > >    Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 05:44:59 +1000
> > >    From: "Richard Dale" <richard@xxxx>
> > > Subject: RE: Digest Number 1155
> > >
> > > The SECURITY function is in all versions of Metastock
Professional.  It
> > was
> > > added into Metastock for Windows (the end-of-day version) in
v8.01
> > (anything
> > > below this does not have the SECURITY function).
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Richard Dale.
> > > Norgate Investor Services
> > > - Premium quality Stock, Futures and Foreign Exchange Data for
> > >   markets in Australia, Asia, Europe, UK & USA -
> > >  <http://www.premiumdata.net/> www.premiumdata.net
> > >

> > >   _____

__

__

> > > Message: 9
> > >    Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:54:47 -0400
> > >    From: "Andrew Tomlinson" <andrew_tomlinson@xxxx>
> > > Subject: RE: Re: Moneymaximizer
> > >

> > > One thing to look at is Tradesim, which will run portfolio
analyses based
> > on
> > > different position sizing parameters. The only pricey  option
is the
> > > Enterprise version, which gives you Monte Carlo, but if you
don't want
> > that
> > > then you can use one of the lower level packages.
> > >
> > > Andrew

__

__

> > > Message: 10
> > >    Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:09:29 -0000
> > >    From: "Jose" <josesilva22@xxxx>
> > > Subject: Re: Moneymaximizer
> > >

> > > Bane, I've been coding position-sizing MS formulae for regular
> > > clients.
> > >
> > > Basically, you need to adjust position size to maximum expected
> > > individual trade risk, where risk can be defined as:
> > >
> > > $RiskLong = EntryLongPrice - VolatilityBasedStopLoss + Slippage
> > >
> > > $RiskShort = VolatilityBasedStopLoss - EntryShortPrice +
Slippage

> > > In effect, volatile trades with larger risk will use a smaller
> > > position size for lower profits/smaller drawdowns, and less
volatile
> > > trades will use a larger position size for higher than average
> > > profits/normal drawdowns.
> > >
> > > The net result of variable position-sizing is a much smoother
profit
> > > equity curve, which equates to bigger trade sizes and higher
profits
> > > for normal risk.
> > >

> > > jose '-)
> > > http://users.bigpond.com/prominex/pegasus.htm