From: geeorge qiu [mailto:richbbau@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 7:13 AM
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] How to save the favorite folders

Thanks, Andrew,
It seems that I can't open the favorites.dta file. Anyway, I created the
short cut on my desktop, so next time I could copy it to the favorites file
when I need it.

ALl the bests
George

Andrew Tomlinson <andrew_tomlinson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

	George

	I just copy the file to my desktop every week and any time I make
major
	changes. NB MS 9.0 seems to have a tendency to randomly delete the
Favorites
	folder. When it happened to me Equis told me they had had other
similar
	complaints. In my case, it's in

	C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock\favorites.dta

	Also if it gets damaged and you close MS then its likely lost for
ever (in
	my case it didn't show up in the Norton trashcan, for example),
although you
	may be able to recover a recent version using system restore.

	I also keep custom lists of securities in Excel or Notepad so I can
	reconstruct the group (e.g. an index) quickly if I lose it.

	Andrew