Comparison of Mathematical Programs for Data Analysis(off topic)

On occaisions, we have roamed into tools for data
analysis. I came across the following link :
<A
href="http://www.scientificweb.com/ncrunch";>http://www.scientificweb.com/ncrunch

It's worth a read. My take is:
Matlab & Mathematica: universal if you have
corresponding toolbox, but rather expenisiveS+(Splus) is more less the same
but has more accent on statistics and related things.
Scilab is a free clone Matlab - Very nice and
powerful, absolutely free but the number of available toolboxes are much less
than in Matlab.If you take scilab I could help
you.