Re: System low on resources

Great post Wilty!   I can add a couple of
points of confirmation. The biggest mistake I made this year was buying a new
high-end Dell system with Windows Me installed. The hardware was okay, the OS
was not. I was continually plagued by low System Resource problems even after
running msconfig.exe to close as many of the unnecessary background programs
that Dell had activated as I could. Could not open more than a few MetaStock Pro
charts before running out of resources. Before I understood the difference
between System Resource and physical RAM memory, I even doubled my RAM from 256
to 512 MB, to no avail. Also experienced many crashes, both general system and
MetaStock related, many of which required "hard booting" (turning power off just
to recover and reboot). Originally, before I bought the new Dell system, Equis
sales told me MetaStock Pro would work fine with Win Me. Evidently that was bad
advice. Subsequently, an Equis tech support person told me Win Me was NOT
generally recommended for MetaStock (at least the Pro version) and I should
consider myself lucky to have MetaStock Pro working at all with Win
Me.

Finally, my pain threshold was exceeded and I
bought Win2000 and installed it on a second hard drive. I'm using Win2000
exclusively for MetaStock now for several weeks. All the above problems gone. I
currently have about 20 or so charts open, all with many custom indicators and
all updating in real time with no problem.

Charles
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
  <DIV
  wilty