Re: Pattern recognition using EOD quotes

I worked in this area, a number of years ago. I'm not precisely clear on
where you are coming from when you say basic "pattern recognition concepts".
I have worked on adaptive pattern recognition and a good starting point is
Pao's book Adaptive pattern recognition and neural networks. There is also,
quite a bit of work on the use of Fourier, Spectral Analysis application of
control theory etc, is more scientifically based. Patterns I use were
developed by Japanese rice traders centuries ago but may be adequately
explained in terms of auction theory.

If you are looking for work on the comparative efficacy or otherwise and
frequency of basic pattern recognition e.g. unique 3 river versus cup &
handle when trading the Nasdaq I suspect we can work on that, and excellent
software exists. However, the skill lies in what constitutes the pasttern
and what doesn't.

The challenge will be to shoehorn a lifetimes work into a graduate thesis!

Happy to take this off the list and correspond  Probably a 3 way dialogue
with say Lionel would move your idea along.