Re: Omnitrader

I have owned OmniTrader since it's inception.  I is not a black box.
Nirvana (the company that puts out the product) calls it a "Prospecting
Tool".  I use it with data from three sources,  Pinnacle end-of-day futures
data, FastTrack mutual fund data, and Reuters stock data (pulled down with
Metastock's Downloader), all in the Metastock format.  The basic theory is
that each market, stock, commodity, etc. has it's own personality.  The
system tests your data against the systems in the software (about 120, but
some are the same system, one daily and one weekly) and gives you "voted"
buys and sells based on the best test results.  You can turn on systems or
or turn off systems so they won't "vote".  You can change system parameters.
You can let it optimize or turn off optimization.  It also automatically
draws trendlines, support and resistance lines, highlights candlestick
patterns, etc.  You can run the software just like it is of there's a ton of
thinks you can change.  The latest version, OmniTrader 2002 which just came
out, now allows you to also draw your own trendlines, with price alerts if
you like.  It also had stop alerts.  You can keep a watchlist of markets you
want to keep an eye on.  There is a real time version and it works the same
with any length of data.  One of my favorite parts of the program is the
portfolio.  Every night I can look in the portfolio and see allo my gains or
losses with a quick glance.

I have no financial interest in OmniTrader.  I have met Ed Downs, the
President and CEO of Nirvana several times and would doubt if there is a
more upstanding person in the business.

OmniTrader is like most other pieces of software in that, if you know how to
use it, you can make money.

http://www.nirv.com/

Dave