RE: Metastock Developers Kit

Pierre,
Funny you should ask this question - I've just bought it!
I am a rusty C programmer and am using Visual C++.  Not a problem.

The documentation could do with being expanded a little and maybe more than
the one example program would help.

The key points for me that are not mentioned on the website are:
1. The dll functions you write are called ONCE for a given security and not
once for each bar.  In otherwords, if you write an indicator and drop it on
a chart, your indicator is called once, it has access to all data points and
it returns all data points.
2. You can pass as variables: Data arrays, Constants and 'custom' variables
(defined in manual).
3. In order to pass more than one result back per period, you can use
additional functions to retrieve global variables that were set in the first
function.  You just have to make sure the first function is called first (so
the variables are correctly set).

I purchased it to write a System Tester but it can also be used to easily
write a Security function (I use EOD) and other useful things.

The System Tester is in the design stage at the moment but the idea is to
pass the Entry & Exit conditions as parameters (making use of Metastock
functions to define them) and all position sizing calculation can be done
within the function.  Output parameters such as MAE, MFE & equity would be
retrieved via additional functions as well as written to file in CSV format
for analysis in Excel.  It would also be easy to display results in an
Expert Commentary.
That's the idea anyway.

Hope this is helpful.

Sean