RE: [Metastockusers] OK ... here's my 3D chart Excel Add-In

At 05:23 PM 11/8/01 +0100, you wrote: >>>> What Version of Excel are you guys talking about, because I can't seem to find the file OPTimizer.xla in Office XP.
<<
Excel 2000 The OPTimizer will only show in your tools->addins listing if you copied the file to your Addin directory. On my computer this is located at: C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns
Good luck! Herman.

-----Original Message----- From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Herman van den Bergen Sent: donderdag 8 november 2001 02:26 To: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [Metastockusers] OK ... here's my 3D chart Excel Add-In
At 07:10 PM 11/7/01 -0600, you wrote: >>>> Herman: How do I remove this from my excel folder? <<
After installation you can disable the menu (prevent it from showing up): Excel->Tools->Addins->deselect OPTimizer.xls
Permanent deletion can be done by deleting the file (or moving it to another directory) from the ...Microsoft\AddIns\ directory where you copied it before.
Of course this assume you had installed it... else the file still sits in your email "attach" directory inactive.
Good luck, Herman.

I know I'll be getting questions on how to make 3D charts, so here's my pre-emptive move :-)
To install the add-in, copy it to your C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\ (that is the path on my computer) directory. Start up Excel, click Tools->Addins. OPTimizer.xla should be listed, select it to enable it. A new menu item "OPTimizer" will show in your Excel main menu next time you start it up. For further instructions Click on Help in the OPTimizer menu.
Have fun! Herman.