Re: The fun of developing systems (newbie views)

At 12:02 PM 10/24/01 -0500, you wrote:
>".....3) Ahh, and the excitement... I don't know what is more fun: to make
>a few
>bucks or to get up in the middle of the night to try out a bright idea that
>makes millions in backtesting..."
>
>With this mindset, you become the market's legal prey.
>There should be no more "excitement" over a winning trade as there would be
>over a losing trade.

I meant to stress the fun I get out of development, but you are right of
course: an emotional involvement in actual trading is a handicap.

When one breaks a rule this indicates the system is not tuned to ones
personality and either some system-tweaking or personality-tweaking may be
needed :-)

Happy trading,
Herman.