Re: bad order fill

Sonny

I'm curious as to what you think you might find by finding out who took the
other side of the trade.  Either it was some other trader, or (extreme case)
they slid one under the table to give you a better fill because they
realized they screwed something up.  It seems to me that one would either
want to file for arbitration, close the account, or just make a mental note
and move on.  Since this is the first time this has happened in 3 years and
you've been happy with the broker otherwise, I'm curious what you're digging
for?

Kent

Kent, I am not digging for anything.  I just wanted to find out what really happened for a peace of mind, and I did.  I got the time and sale report and it was a bad tick.  So my suspicions were wrong, and everything was done legitimately.  Just because it was the first time this happened to me, it doesn't mean I should just accept it.  The best thing I learned from this is that I should always call to confirm my fill as soon as I think I am filled, rather than wait for my broker to call me.  Thanks for all who got back to me on this.  -Sonny-