RE: Yahoo Historical Quotes - always delayed?

delayed?

> I tried to collect historical data and found yahoo might
be
> useful for this. But it is now 19 Sep 2001, only one hour
to go
> till the end of the trading day, and EOD historical data
are from
> 17 Sep 2001. Exception or always two or more days
delayed?

> I ask this because I would like to use EOD quotes to
prepare the
> next trading day.

I started looking at this just a short time ago, after all the
questions here.
I don't remember this program being mentioned, but I have
tried it and it seems to work fine except I found a bug for which
there is a work-around until the program is updated.

<A
href="http://www.dtlink.com/downloads.html";>http://www.dtlink.com/downloads.html<A
href="http://www.dtlink.com/";>

You must download the GOLD version.
It is shareware, $49.95 US,  trial is 30
days.
It gets quotes from many different places, including
YAHOO.
It stores intraday prices, and will graph them.
It stores EOD prices and will graph them.
It will export Metastock EOD.
It will also gather and export Historical data.

In order to add a stock, (or to catch up on missed
days), to your downloads with the EOD and Historical data you would do the
following.
    1.  Gather Historical Data for the
issue(s).
    2.  Export it to a Metastock
compatible ASCII, text file.
    3.  Run the downloader.
    4.  Export the current EOD price to a
metastock compatible ASCII text file.
    5.  Run the
downloader.

The bug is that the Metastock output file in the <per>
field uses a small case "d",(for daily data).
So right now you need to do a find/replace  "d" for "D"
and then run the downloader.
The bug only shows up when you "transverse subdirectories" in
the "Convert" utility.
I have contantacted them and they have updated the code for
the next release.
I don't know when that might be though.
I have version 5.1.2

Oh, Yea,
I know no one there,  nor do I have any financial or
other vested interest in the company.

James