RE: A Letter from Afghanistan Off Topic

>>but if the people are so fed up with the Taliban, why then all the celebrations at
the success of perpetrators of the carnage in New York and Washington, as
shown on tv from the refugee camps in Pakistan????????<<

John,

The people of Islamic countries want to unite and bring
back their former glory.  These days, it means creating
an Islamic socio-economic bloc, free of western attempts
to prevent this from materializing.

They are looking for a leader, any leader, who seems to
represent this "holy" cause. The West ought to let them
form their own confederation while we rid ourselves of
dependence on foreign oil.

However, you will never see Bush admit that.  He prefers
to focus on the obvious symptoms, with no long term
solution.

- mark jurik

> A chilling take on US, Afghanistan, and bin Laden

Am sure we all agree about the material state of Afghanistan........but if