Re: Math programs

1) Thanks a lot Leo !

Please look at my TL remarks below.

----- Original Message -----
From: <leo.timmermans.lt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: Math programs

> Theo,
>
> Lionel is right that Matlab is rather expensive for home use and if you
can't
> get it from a student it probably
> is to much to pay ....
>
> On the other hand I find it very easy to learn (if you have some basic
> programming experience, even VBA 'll do
> i'm sure if you start from scratch you'll learn it a lot faster than VBA
...)

> I'm not sure what you mean by 3-D and 4-D, but matlab can handle
> multi-dimensional data and graphs just as
> easily as 2-D.

TL : Wat i really  want is "perspective in the chart" -for example- : i
would
        like to see "another dimension"  in the candlesticks etc.
        more dimension with more "visability" without too confusing much
information.

Sometimes, these higher dimensions get messed up in your own
> head.

TL : i can imaging and understand what you are saying but this just the
        thing i would like to avoid.

> It's true that there are lots of extensions (or peripherals as you like)
> matlab, so-called toolboxes (in fact both
> mathematica and matlab have financial 'toolboxes' or 'notebooks') but the
core
> matlab is extensive enough
> to fulfill all your math desires .... (don't forget that the toolboxes
> themselves are written in matlab)

TL : i want a program or add-inn what can give the extra dimension to
metastock.

> Maybe take a look at <http://members.aol.com/johnp71/javasta2.html> (the
link
> was kindly provides by
> Mike Suesserot (?)) where there are some matlab alikes for free.

TL : i did : very interesting really (but not "the extra dimension thing").

> Kind regards
> Leo

TL : again thanks leo and till later

Theo Lockefeer.