  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 5:11
  PM
  Subject: Re: [RT] The day after

  Ralph:<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
  <BLOCKQUOTE
    You really don't understand technology and its
    effects on us and on society The technological system has built in problems,
    like the Los Angeles, NY police departments, Microsoft software, and Compaq
    computers. You can compare a bureaucracy (government or private sector) to a
    mindless computer. It isn't a few bad apples or narrow minded technologists
    that cause the problems, it is the technological system itself.  Now I
    am not anti technology nor am I interested in the simple life in a cave. But
    really Ralph, technology will not give us nirvana on earth. We need to
    understand the impact of technology on us and on society before we blindly
    accept it.

    Some years back I came across a book on this
    subject, I forget the title.  The author's thrust was that new
    technology often brings as many problems as it tries to solve. The book was
    published about the time that the facts about DDT broke into the public
    awareness causing it to be banned worldwide. You might read the
    congressional and senate hearings on DDT.
    Lionel Issen<A
    href="mailto:lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  <BLOCKQUOTE
    <DIV