RE: Stand proud, America!

agree. The US citizens go to the aid of the world. What does the rest of the
world do to aid US citizens? If it were not for the US, most of European
countries would no longer exist. After that, we can thank the US for the end of
the Cold War...
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>neo
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #008080 2px solid">
  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of MayTseshuyan1@xxxxxxxSent: Wednesday, September 12,
  2001 5:21 PMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Stand
  proud, America!<FONT lang=0
  face="Abadi MT Condensed Light" color=#0000a0 size=4 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">This
  Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most
  generous and possibly the least appreciated on all the earth.
  Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were
  lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of
  dollars and forgave other billions in debts.  None of these countries
  is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United
  States. When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the
  Americans who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and
  swindled on the streets of Paris.  I was there.  I saw it.
  When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that
  hurries in to help.    This spring, 59 American communities
  were flattened by tornadoes.   Nobody helped. The
  Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars into
  discouraged countries.   Now newspapers in those countries are
  writing about the Decadent, warmongering Americans. I'd like to
  see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the
  United States dollar build its own airplane.  Does any other country
  in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed
  Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why don't they fly them?
   Why do all the international lines except Russia fly American
  Planes? Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or
  woman on the moon?  you talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get
  radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles.
   You talk about American technocracy, and you find men on the moon -
  not once, but several times - and safely home again. You talk
  about scandals, and the Americans put their right in the store window for
  everybody to look at. Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and
  hounded.  They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless they
  are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American dollars from ma and pa at
  home to spend here. When the railway of France, Germany and India were
  breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them.
   When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke,
  nobody loaned them an old caboose.  Both are still broke. I
  can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of the other
  people in trouble.    Can you name me even one time when
  someone else raced to the Americans in trouble?  I don't think there
  was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake. Our
  neighbours have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is damned tired
  of hearing them get kicked around.  They will come out of this thing
  with their flag high.  And when they do, they are entitled to thumb
  their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles.
  I hope Canada is NOT one of those. <FONT lang=0
  face="Abadi MT Condensed Light" color=#ff0000 size=4 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">STAND
  PROUD, AMERICA!    GOD BLESS AMERICA! (author : Gordon
  Sinclair)