Re: MS explorer

Hi Bill,

I use quotemonster. It's free and works allright. I only download once a week on
saturday and this works fine.

In this specific case I removed the last day data manually for one security to
see how MetaStock would rank.
I think that regardless of my data-acquiring program MetaStock should not (at
least I find this odd) report on
data that are not there (or replace it without notice with yesterday's data, I
could not find anything in the MS
manual that mentions this feature)

I'm backtesting (matlab) a system based on ranking conditions. (several years
back). This kind of system is
practically impossible in MS because of the many 'target dates' you have to set.
So, if you have no close value
on a specific date for a particular security because of some reason, you don't
have a result for that specific date.
Hence, it may not appear in your ranking list, at least as far as I can see it.
So the manual deletion of the last day date was a simulation of something you
might encounter when backtesting
ranking systems several years back.

Hope this clarifies ...
Leo