Re: ISP When Traveling

Check  Earthlink/Mindspring. They are national. Make sure to check if they
have local access numbers where you are going. They usually have a 30-60
day free trial, so you may not have to switch totally. DSL costs in NYC are
around 49.95. They permitt 20 roaming hours a month. Create a Hotmail e-mail
account as well. That's free. Forward your e-mail to that account for the
duration of your trip. You'll then be able to get your mail anywhere ypu
can get on the net. (Cyber cafes, hotels, offices, etc

If you are travelling with any frequency switching to a truly national provider
is a smart move. Again be sure that the permit dial up even while the DSL
account is online..

Since AOL has all thos free hours make sure they really are unsuitable if
all else fails. A friend used them for an Australian trip and was able to
get online either via AOL or local services everywhere.

Hope that helps.

RSB

Wooglin wrote:
008201c137b9$bbeb6c10$7f01a8c0@xxxx">

  I am going to be traveling to the Midwest
in  October and must have dial up internet access on the trip. I currently
have  Verizon as my Dial up and DSL provider. Because of the DSL, I cannot
simply drop  Verison for another provider.

  And, would you believe Verision (formerly
Bell  Atlantic and GTE) does not allow eastern customers to access their
accounts  in the Midwest or western states or visa versa. Most of their technical and
 billing personnel were unaware of the problem and could not solve it. Even
 Public Relations at their corporate HQ was not aware of the  problem.

  My request is simply this. Aside from AOL,
what  nationwide provider would you recommend.

  Thanks for your help,

  Jim Barone