  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 7:14
  AM
  Subject: Re: Yahoo Quotes Import to
  Metastock, how?

  Also easier and faster.
  <BLOCKQUOTE
    <DIV
    <A title=rbad832654@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    href="mailto:rbad832654@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>Robert Badgley
    To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 4:16
    AM
    Metastock, how?
    For  $54.00 US from this site<A
    href="http://www.traders-soft.com/dc/HowToBuy.htm";>http://www.traders-soft.com/dc/HowToBuy.htmyou
    can down load free data from Yahoo directly by the Meta Stock
    downloaderthat is a lot cheaper than bying MS
    Excel.Bob-----Original Message-----From: <A
    href="mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]OnBehalf Of YarrollSent:
    Sunday, September 02, 2001 3:12 PMTo: <A
    href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
    Re: Yahoo Quotes Import to Metastock, how?Bodo,It's
    actually quite easy to do and you don't need any third-party
    software(Excel is enough).Once you get the quotes from Yahoo in
    Excel .xls format see that the columnsare arranged as
    follows:<TICKER>,<PER>,<DTYYMMDD>,<OPEN>,<HIGH>,<LOW>,<CLOSE>,<VOLUME>For
    example:MSFT,D,20010831,50,55,45,50,100000where columns are
    separated by a comma.If necessary, arrange your columns to fit this
    pattern (Im not sure, but Ithink I saw some data from Yahoo where you
    had Close before the Open,Highetc.) Also, Yahoo spreadsheets wouldnt
    have "Ticker","Per" columns (justinsert 2 columns, fill the first row,
    and copy down). Also possibly, thedate format would have to be changed
    to fit the pattern.Next, save the Excel spreadsheet as a .csv
    format. I'm not sure how's thatin Germany, but some European countries
    use semicolon {;} rather than acomma {,} in csv format; if that's your
    case, change the file extension from.csv to .doc {WordPad document} ,
    open it up and replace all semicolons withcommas (Edit->Replace).
    Save the file.Finally, change the file extension again from .csv {or
    .doc} into .txt andyou're ready to import it using Downloader as a usual
    simple text file. Yourfile should have the structure shown below, and
    make sure that you includethe file "headers"  in the first
    line:<TICKER>,<PER>,<DTYYMMDD>,<OPEN>,<HIGH>,<LOW>,<CLOSE>,<VOLUME>MSFT,D,20010831,50,55,45,50,100000etc.This
    sounds complicated but believe me, if you do it once or twice and
    thensettle to do it every day, the routine takes in. Personally I've
    hunted downand converted so many weird data formats into Metastock that
    I just can'tdream of something else than a complicated data conversion
    problem ;-))All the
best,Yarroll