  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 4:16
  AM
  Subject: RE: Yahoo Quotes Import to
  Metastock, how?
  For  $54.00 US from this site<A
  href="http://www.traders-soft.com/dc/HowToBuy.htm";>http://www.traders-soft.com/dc/HowToBuy.htmyou
  can down load free data from Yahoo directly by the Meta Stock
  downloaderthat is a lot cheaper than bying MS
  Excel.Bob-----Original Message-----From: <A
  href="mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]OnBehalf Of YarrollSent: Sunday,
  September 02, 2001 3:12 PMTo: <A
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  Re: Yahoo Quotes Import to Metastock, how?Bodo,It's
  actually quite easy to do and you don't need any third-party
  software(Excel is enough).Once you get the quotes from Yahoo in
  Excel .xls format see that the columnsare arranged as
  follows:<TICKER>,<PER>,<DTYYMMDD>,<OPEN>,<HIGH>,<LOW>,<CLOSE>,<VOLUME>For
  example:MSFT,D,20010831,50,55,45,50,100000where columns are
  separated by a comma.If necessary, arrange your columns to fit this
  pattern (Im not sure, but Ithink I saw some data from Yahoo where you had
  Close before the Open,Highetc.) Also, Yahoo spreadsheets wouldnt have
  "Ticker","Per" columns (justinsert 2 columns, fill the first row, and copy
  down). Also possibly, thedate format would have to be changed to fit the
  pattern.Next, save the Excel spreadsheet as a .csv format. I'm not
  sure how's thatin Germany, but some European countries use semicolon {;}
  rather than acomma {,} in csv format; if that's your case, change the file
  extension from.csv to .doc {WordPad document} , open it up and replace all
  semicolons withcommas (Edit->Replace). Save the file.Finally,
  change the file extension again from .csv {or .doc} into .txt andyou're
  ready to import it using Downloader as a usual simple text file. Yourfile
  should have the structure shown below, and make sure that you includethe
  file "headers"  in the first
  line:<TICKER>,<PER>,<DTYYMMDD>,<OPEN>,<HIGH>,<LOW>,<CLOSE>,<VOLUME>MSFT,D,20010831,50,55,45,50,100000etc.This
  sounds complicated but believe me, if you do it once or twice and
  thensettle to do it every day, the routine takes in. Personally I've
  hunted downand converted so many weird data formats into Metastock that I
  just can'tdream of something else than a complicated data conversion
  problem ;-))All the
best,Yarroll