Re: Moving Average of Volume

At 01:03 PM 8/27/01 -0400, you wrote: >>>> Can someone please tell me if it is possible to plot the moving average of the daily volume? Specifically I am looking to find the 50 day MA of the daily volume for various stocks. I am somewhat new to MetaStock and I would appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks in advance for your help. Bill F.
<<
Make sure the daily volume is shown on the chart, if not goto the indicator selector and select the Volume indicator and drag it on the chart.
Next select the Moving Average Indicator from the same drop down menu and and drop it on the volume chart - make sure the volume changes color when your cursor is over it to indicate you have actually selected it - else you will get a MA for the price of the current security.
Once displayed you can change the MA properties, like Time Periods, color, method, shift, etc. by left clicking on it, and then right clicking to select its properties.

Good luck! Herman.