  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>Metastock List
  Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 1:42
PM
  Subject: More Errors

  I have discovered one and probably two errors in
  MetaStock formulas. When the Polarized Fractal Efficiency (14-day period,
  1-day smoothing) is applied to a security with a large numerical value for
  price, such as cocoa, the value of the PFE can exceed +or-100. This can't be,
  according to the definition of the PFE. I have brought this to the attention
  of TechSupport and they agree that the values are in error. They say this will
  be corrected in the next update.

  Also, the following trading system

  PS Consolidation
  Breakout
  <P
  class=MsoNormal>var1:=If(((BBandTop(C,20,S,2)-BBandBot(C,20,S,2))<(1.75*ATR(1)))
  AND Cross(H,BBandTop(C,20,S,2)),1,If(ATR(1)
  AND Cross(BBandBot(C,20,S,2),L),-1,0));
  var1=1
  <P
  seems to have an error that I have
  highlighted in red. The second ATR(1) in var1 is always positive and thus
  seems to be unnecessary. I can guess as to what was supposed to be there, but
  I'd rather not. Since I don't plan to use this system, I haven't bothered to
  contact TechSupport about it.
  Just thought others would like to
  know about these. If I'm wrong about this I'm sure someone(s) will let me
  know.
  Tom Strickland