Re: System testing

Philip,

Yes, Tradestation is an option.  I currently own TS4 in addition to Metastock.  It does have the
limitation of looking back at only 13,000 bars, which is fine from an EOD perspective, but not so
good on 1 minute or 5 minute data.  TS2000i is pricey when purchased new and still a bit buggy,
but eminently capable for testing purposes.  Recently, Omega (or Tradestation Technologies as they
are now known) has objected to sales of used Tradestations on eBay, so they've all been pulled.

You might check out AmiBroker if you are doing EOD work.  Several Metastock users have said some
very positive things about its capabilities.  www.amibroker.com

Another option that I've recently started looking at is NeoTick RT which sells for only $650 for
the realtime version, and $80 for the EOD version. www.tickquest.com  This supports VB and
JavaScript which may be an alternative to EasyLanguage.

Finally, if you are so inclined, you might consider the Metastock Developer's Kit.  Learning
PowerBasic won't be much different from EasyLanguage, or even Delphi (EL is derived from Pascal)
might not be much different.

That said, EL isn't really that difficult to learn.  You'll get deeper and deeper as you need
features, but you'll be building on simpler things that make it easy to start.  As an example, for
your entry, the EasyLanguage code is
If YourEntrySignal then buy at High + 1 point Stop;

Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO