  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 12:55
PM
  Subject: Volume Indicaters

  Greetings
  Long time lurker and have only asked a few
  questions in the past four years.  How so ever I have been a little
  unhappy with the volume indicators that are available and so I tried something
  new, that is was new to me.

  One of favorite indicators is the Stochastic
  Momentum Index set at  5,3,3  so I made one for volume.  I like
  the way it appears to be working so far.  I haven't used it long
  enough to know it inside out but there is some promise here.

  It can divert and can turn before tops and
  bottoms.  Using it with Stochastic Momentum Index makes for an
  interesting study.  Here is the formula,  some of you wizards at
  there maybe able to help improve it.

  <FONT face=Arial
  size=2>100*(Mov(Mov(V-(0.5*(HHV(V,5)+LLV(V,5))),3,S),3,S)/(0.5*Mov(Mov(HHV(V,5)-LLV(V,5),3,S),3,S)))

  And then I use a three day moving average from
  there.

  Maybe some one has a favorite
  custom volume indicater that they would like to share.

  Prosper and Good Health
  Larry