Performance Explorations

Hi,

Newbie question again...

I've noticed that MetaStock Pro includes 'performance' explorations as well
as 'signal' explorations for each of the MetaStock performance systems. I
paid for the 'MetaStock Performance Systems' in addition to MetaStock Pro,
so I was glad that I'm able to access the 'signal' explorations provided
with the package.

A performance explorations is an exploration that is able to run a given
system against a list of securities, and provide results in a system
'performance' output instead of which securities gave a signal. It seems to
me that when you're developing a system, you would want to know how it works
agains a large group of securites, therefore verifying your ability to write
a good system.

I'm not very happy (I'm pissed, in fact) to find out that I'm unable to
access *any* of the performance explorations provided in MetaStock. I get a
message that says that the exploration is either 'read only' or is password
protected. I want to use the full capability of MetaStock, but now I'm
beginning to feel that they don't want me to know how to write performance
explorations. There is no help on this subject, there are no examples, and
the MetaStock reps don't have a clue about this. When I called MetaStock,
the rep told me that the subject explorations were written with Standard
MetaStock formulas, but he couldn't tell me how to write a 'performance'
exploration.

My question is how does one write a performance exploration on a given
system? Does anyone have a clue?

I told the rep I was very unhappy that I paid over $1000 and there is no
clue how to write a performance exploration. He had no response except to
say that I could reqest that functionality to be added in future releases.
The problem I'm having with his answer is the fact that performance
explorations exist, so someone wrote them. Why aren't us customers being let
in on the secrets? Didn't we pay good money?

Regards,
Glenn Woolum