Lionel's QP Problems? (was RE: QP2.x Alternatives.)

> Janene:
> 1. Yes, you have had a few e-mails bounced back to you.  This is a problem
> with iname.com.  I have discontinued using that address.
>
> 2. You largely ignored my requests for assistance with the
> spurious tickers
> that kept showing up as not in the database. I finally found a brute force
> solution.

I am not sure about these so I'll take your word for it.

> 3. Most of your published scans are defective and your scan
> language doesn't
> seem to provide sufficient capability to control the size of the
> scan or the
> format and size of the output..

What?  Defective?  Which ones?  Maybe the ones you wrote?

> 4. Your online help needs revision, it does not completely
> correspond to the
> actual program.

What?  I'm not really sure what you were reading.  Their documentation is
very relevant.  (Although I can think of two functions that were included
with the help file that were not included in the program.)

> 5. I am having continuing problems with the downloader. First you need a
> test to see if the update is available before starting a stale download:
> second the download almost never proceeds smoothly. After a few minutes I
> can see that nothing is happening, when I click ctl +alt +del the window
> says that QP downloader is not responding. When I press "end task", the
> downloading continues.

I'll take your word for this ... but it is probably a computer problem.

> new
> 6. make the advance/decline line an indicator.

You can chart the line ... what else do you want to do with it?  You do use
Metastock don't you?

> 7. the data for any ticker should be exportable directly into a
> spreadsheet
> format.

This can be done, in fact it is allot easier to import data into Excel from
QP than it is from Metastock.

> I am pleased that you check the comments about QP.
> Lionel Issen
> lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lionel, I don't want to start a thread that will tick the majority of the
list off.  The problems that you are having (have had) that hinder the
functionality of QP is understandable.  If I had a problem with a program
that wouldn't work I would have a gripe also ... who wouldn't?

I am having a hard time with your other problems though ...  Methinks you
were thinking hard for problems to list.

You mentioned in a private email that ALL of your correspondence has been
through private emails with QP tech support and not through the QP email
group.  I have heard your cries many times to Ken on this list for Equis
support and future improvements (much of which I agree with!).  Why the
change in format with QP?

Peter Gialames