Re: Off Topic: alternative O/S

Lionel :

1) sorry but i have very little time at the moment
    because i have to make my (long) vacation preparations.

2)  i installed a year ago linux on my laptop in a
     dual boot with W98 and it was very stable
     but timeconsuming to learn and couldnot find
      all the necessary drivers .
     after a while i needed the extra diskspace so i deleted
     it from my hd.

   (the dual boot between W98 and Linux is something
      as the dual boot between W98 and W2K :
    although W2K has many other facilities then W98
    both are in operating  "look alikes", in the first case
    we are talking about 2 different OS with both learning
    curves (much more time consuming).

3) vmware needs a lot of resources (then works ok)
   and about
    the windows emulators : al very interesting but
   until now i never heard of anybody who has a least
   half a year experience running metastock
   (incl. the usual problems) under linux
   (or other unix look-a-like) or other OS .
   if there is somebody : i am eager to hear that.

4) because W2K is a reasonable stable environment
    and i invested lots of time in it W2K is the OS for
   the coming time for me but we all need the possibility
   to be independ of one monopolistic firm (in the long
   run for absolutely sure).

 CU

Theo.