Re: new user questions

Sure is good to see you post again, Guy.  Been wondering where you and
Steve and Jim have been.  I have been using ver 7.03 EOD for the past six
weeks, and this is the first MS since 5.11 that has the old MS "feel" to
it.  I would bet a nickel that these folks are not far from bringing out a
version with superior language and testing functionality.

Al Taglavore

----------
> From: grtann1@xxxxxxxxx
> To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: new user questions
> Date: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 12:00 PM
>

> Theo,
>
> I would have to disagree with you regarding the MS "language".  Between
having to "fix" its subtraction calculations to it's inability to calculate
my indicators, I've had to give up on using it as a programming language,
per se.  And yes, I do know how to program, having done it for over 40
years now.  I think my problem with MS is that I program our system using
very structured code and my calculations go down several levels.  Even
converting everything over to using their variable capabilities, I am
nowhere near reaching the limits described in the manual.  According to the
manual, I'm probably not using 10% of MS's calculation capabilities and it
still dies.  After spending months and months working on it, I finally gave
up.

Snip-------