Basic filters

Hi,

I'm looking to catch a short term reversal (perhaps using an
overbought/oversold + Volatility breakout).  What pre-filters should I use?
i.e.
Stocks that have traded at least X volume over Y period?
Stocks that have a price in the range A-B?
Stocks that have a strong trend (medium-long) in the direction I hope to
catch? (not sure how to program this - to include strength index).
Volatile stocks?

Does anybody pre-filter using things like this?  Bad experiences?

Thanks,
Sean