Re: TradeAdvisor

Bill,

I've used the TradeAdvisor product for 2 years as
one of my methods to choose trades.  In 1999, the TA product returned
114% after taxes and more than paid for itself.  When the stronly trending
market of late 1999/early 2000 topped out and went down and sideways, the
product didn't work as well.  From April to September the trades indicated
would "dissappear" before the buy/sell targets got hit.  In October, it
started calling shorts really well.  I haven't tallied up my 2000
percentage after taxes yet as I haven't yet got the calculation done.  But,
I estimate that the return from the product's trades was only about 30% or so
after taxes for 2000.

The product only seems to work well in a strongly
trending market either up or down.  In congested sideways, choppy markets
the product does not do well.  Another consideration is that the product is
set up to get the cream of a price movement.  This can be frustrating
as you watch the long first leg setup for the Wave 2 retracement.  And
then, the product will give the "potential" buy/sell signal that has an
entry about 3/8ths the retracement of Wave 2.  It becomes agonizing not to
place a trade as one watches prices rise or fall to the buy/sell point, but
if you can withstand the temptation to jump in early, then the trades
work.  Those I couln't resist temptation on and jumped in early only worked
about 1/3rd of the time and the othe 2/3rds were losers.

Bottom line, the product needs a solid trending
market to give valid signals and one has to follow its guidelines in
placing the trades.  If you do that, then at least you won't loose money on
the trades or the loses will be limited.

Hope this helps ! ........... John
p.s.: One other nasty feature: The trailing stop is
well placed for about 1/2 of the trades.  For the other 1/2 of the trades,
you'll get stopped out early and need to re-enter the trade although Trade
Advisor counsils against this. j.

<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
  <DIV
  Bill Irwin