RE: Use Win NT, throw out Win 95

Jan

If I'm not mistaken, you can't run DOS MS on NT.  I'm not sure if this is
true, as I have no personal experience, but this is why I never switched
over.

I have a LAN here in the house, and we all share each others CD-ROMs, files,
etc.  With my 8 year old running a basic Win 95 Pentium 166 HP system for
educational and gaming software, how compatible are we, in terms of his
still being able to use Win 95 to share stuff? The 3rd machine is my better
half's ThinkPad 560 which also runs Win95.  What type of problems would you
anticipate if I switched to NT?  That's assuming I can still run MS for DOS
(again because Equis, in switching to Windows managed to change their
methodology in performing calculations and I haven't been able to make the
transition to their Win 95 version.  I do use their Downloader for Windows
to update my data, but then switch to DOS to run my numbers.  A real pain.

Regards

Guy